Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Rothenburg, Germany

Here we are in beautiful Rothenburg! I mean when I think of charm and gingerbread houses I will remember this village. It was a feast for the sences indeed! Little hidden jewels tucked away as you peek your head into little alley ways. The food was amazing... as I love German cuisine! yum! ooooh and the beer! soooo creamy with little hints of citrus! My father and I climbed to the top of an old bell tower today with incredible views of the village and town square as were the views of the hills in the backdrop! The history is so old and hard to comprehend actually how old things are! You look at houses and little pathways and just ponder how cute and actually how old they are... then you visualize back into the medieval days and it becomes too much to take in. I really just have to let it soak in and appreciate all the charm and beauty this sweet little village gave us. Until next time...

No comments: